Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Slucing for Gold (Read 10008 times)
dave

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Slucing for Gold
Dec 23rd, 2013 at 11:07am
Print Post  
Thought ya'll might enjoy a little slucing video I made the other day. Let me know if you can't view the videos, only have them on FB at the moment.

Digging/Sluicing:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201752177138762&set=vb.1011085161&type=2&theater

First cleanup:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201754925567471&set=vb.1011085161&type=2&theater

-Dave

IP Logged

JoeM
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Re: Slucing for Gold
Reply #1 - Dec 23rd, 2013 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the videos, dave. You sure make it look easy! Cheesy

IP Logged

dan

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Reply #2 - Dec 23rd, 2013 at 10:32pm
Print Post  
Dave,
I love the sluicing video.  What company would you recommend for buying one from?  Santa might squeeze one in.  Eastern Prospecting I think is out of business or at least their web site was down earlier this evening.  Do you have a preference for a specific sluice?

IP Logged

dave

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Reply #3 - Dec 23rd, 2013 at 11:32pm
Print Post  
I'm sold on the Angus MacKirk brand sluices. Can't believe the fine gold it catches, and no messing with Miners moss and other components for clean ups. You literally just pick the thing up and wash it into a pan or bucket.

The one in the video is the Foreman, it requires a decent amount of flow, and won't quite fit into a 5 gal bucket so you have to angle it carefully to clean out.

I'm more than likely going to get a "Recon" soon, same design, but smaller. It'll almost fit in a backpack and requires very little flow. Both of these models are double flair so they grab as much waterflow as possible and then drop it out on the backend.

Angus MacKirk's are extremely cheap and durable, I think mine was $80 maybe?

You do still have to classify to run one, but i just use 1/2" and it works fine.

The other alternative is a Bazooka sluice, its a double fluid bed system, the big advantage with these is you dont have to classify, you can shovel straight in. I'll probably wind up getting one of those as well, They have smaller models that aren't too pricy, one that you can really dump full size shovel loads into with ease is somewhat cumbersome, about 3.5-4' long and 1.5-2' wide, and its $250, but to not have to classify, you can really move alot of material. And many say its excellent at catching the fines as well.

-Dave

IP Logged

dave

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Reply #4 - Dec 23rd, 2013 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
I bought mine from Brian @ Gold Rush Guys.
He hooked me right up and I got the sluice in no time.

http://goldrushguys.com/store/prospecting-supplies/sluices/page/2/

-Dave

IP Logged

dan

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Reply #5 - Dec 24th, 2013 at 8:03am
Print Post  
Thanks for the info, sluicing just looks a whole lot more productive than panning.  I will let you know how it turns out!

IP Logged

dan

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Reply #6 - Dec 24th, 2013 at 8:26am
Print Post  
Dave,
Had to write another comment.  Youtube has a bunch of great videos on the Mackirk sluices that explain the use of the them.  Thanks again, Dan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint