Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic new subdivision find (Read 1383 times)
MikeB
YaBB Newbies

SmokeyMtn. Dreamer

new subdivision find
Jan 25th, 2014 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
ok here is what i found in a big pocket of material...the pocket just kept going...not sure what it is but im hoping its some form of amethyst...although the rocks look more greyish purple...all the rocks (about50 in all) that i was pulling out looked deep purple. but now they all look more of a greyish purple...not great specimens i know but exciting for a newbie none the less... Huh

IMAG0752.jpg ( 235 KB | 85 Downloads )
IMAG0752.jpg
IMAG0753.jpg ( 74 KB | 78 Downloads )
IMAG0753.jpg
IMAG0755.jpg ( 36 KB | 71 Downloads )
IMAG0755.jpg
IMAG0756.jpg ( 35 KB | 72 Downloads )
IMAG0756.jpg
IMAG0757_001.jpg ( 32 KB | 69 Downloads )
IMAG0757_001.jpg
IMAG0761.jpg ( 42 KB | 76 Downloads )
IMAG0761.jpg

IP Logged

Scott LaBorde
RHL Administrator

"Rock it" science!

Re: new subdivision find
Reply #1 - Jan 25th, 2014 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
Yes, definitely smoky quartz.  I do understand how easy it is to see purple in that grayish rock.  The best way to view that rock is out in full sun.  If there's any purple there it should be much easier to see.  Depending on the color of your fluorescent or incandescent lights things can become more complicated.  So I'm not saying there isn't any purple there, just saying I can't necessarily say from your pictures.

Did you find any crystal faces?

Scott LaBorde
RockHoundLounge Creator
IP Logged

MikeB
YaBB Newbies

SmokeyMtn. Dreamer

Re: new subdivision find
Reply #2 - Jan 25th, 2014 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
thanks scott...nah no crystal grade....but the pocket was still goin when i left there...i had to leave because my kids were getting home from school...but were goin back tomorrow...so im hoping to get my first actual crystal...the dirt mound is pretty large and theres mica all over the rocks that are in the dirt drive to the mound so im crossing my fingers...pretty hard diggin with the fround frozen but well worth it since theres more there...sorry i wasnt able to make it to the school this mornin...had some business mess to deal with...but i look forward to gettin to one day meet you guys on a dig

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint