Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Rockhounding Dreams! (Read 1231 times)
Scott LaBorde
RHL Administrator

"Rock it" science!

Rockhounding Dreams!
Mar 24th, 2014 at 9:09am
Print Post  
I know most rockhounds if not all have had a dream or two about finding some fantastic treasures only to awaken to the heart breaking realization that it was only a dream.  I figured I would start a thread on this topic with the hope of hearing some wonderful finds from other dreaming rockhounds.

I'll start with one I had just last night.  It started when an old rockhound friend of mine and I stopped at an underpass to view some interesting terrain with potential for crystals.  Immediately we noticed some rocks that had been placed on the concrete guard rail that had quartz druzy on them.  We figured there must have been a rockhound here that had found them and placed them there.  So we began to look for more.  Sure enough, right next to the guard rail I picked up a large 8" long 4" wide perfect termination tessin smoky crystal.  It had a few chlorite inclusions but it was unbelievable.  I looked to the left of where I found that and there was another one about 2 ft. long and 6" at the base except this one was more morion (very dark smoky) but glass clear facet grade all the way through.  All I could think at that point is what fool would just leave these sitting here.  Well to the left of that crystal was, well you guessed it, another larger crystal -- this one was 5 ft tall 8" at the base, glass clear facet grade.  And then as all dreams usually have weird parts mine is no exception.  My friend saw what looked like a giant cocoon in a tree that had grown up next to the overpass.  There was a 50 ft. drop just over the guard rail so although we could reach the cocoon at eye level the cocoon was actually 50 ft. up the tree.  Using a long stick he broke it open and out fell a tangled spaghetti ball of albino snakes.  It gets weirder.  On the trip home I realized I was sitting in the bed of a pickup truck that was going backwards down the highway without a driver!   Shocked  No, not making that up.  When I realized it I quickly stood up and leaned over from the bed of the truck opened the door and vaulted into the front seat with one hand on the top of the door and the other the roof of the cab.  At that moment I realized the road was taking an immediate almost 90 degree turn to the left.  I was going way too fast to stop, maneuver, or do anything to gain the control I needed, but then I woke up!  I don't know what ever happened to those nice crystals I found, but I guess that's what happens when one dream sequence blends into another.  I think I liked the first part of my dream way better.

How about some of your fantastic finds in bed!? Grin 

Scott LaBorde
RockHoundLounge Creator
IP Logged

JoeM
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Re: Rockhounding Dreams!
Reply #1 - Mar 24th, 2014 at 10:55am
Print Post  
I could've made it out with the 2 footer, but when I found the
5 footer I was waiting for you to help me carry it.........
then you spied that dang cocoon and you were off. Huh

IP Logged

John Frazier

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Reply #2 - Mar 26th, 2014 at 11:27am
Print Post  
Scott great dream. Do you dream in color? Only in the last few years do I remember any dreaming. But pulling xls out of a pocket is always a wonderful dream. Smiley

IP Logged

Jay

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Reply #3 - Mar 26th, 2014 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
Thanks Scott for posting this,,,It has made me feel so much better knowing that Im not the only one out their ..who is nuts,and has Dig dreams!!! lol.

IP Logged

Scarodactyl
YaBB Newbies

www.RockHoundLounge.
com

Reply #4 - Mar 27th, 2014 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
I had a dream I was pulling beautiful gemmy emeralds out of a creek.  But I stopped paying attention to them when I found the red beryls a few feet over...
I still remember the feeling of waking up and the big crystal clutched in my hand disappearing to nothing.

My wire-wrap jewelry site:  www.Angry-Turtle.com

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint