Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic New guy from California (Read 833 times)
Barclay
YaBB Newbies

RockHoundLounger

New guy from California
Apr 18th, 2014 at 12:13am
Print Post  
Greetings.  i just stumbled across this board.  Nice to see rockhounding alive and well in other parts of the country.  I am in California and have been doing lapidary on and off since about 1996.  Like most addictions it started out small and now i have a couple saws, a flat lap and a Genie.  One of our local rock clubs just had a show and i came home with a satchel full of new stuff including some bumble bee jasper (dangerous stuff), picaso marble, plasma jasper, some jade.  The smaller stuff will get turned into pendants, the larger stuff into knife handles.  Another board i belong to has a whole section devoted to stone knife handles and i thought i would give it a try.  Come June i have a business trip to Ohio and i hope to add a couple rock stops in there to a shop or dig site.

IP Logged

John Frazier

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Re: New guy from California
Reply #1 - Apr 18th, 2014 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
Welcome to the Lounge. You will find that Joe Moylan loves the bubble bee material. I think it is very interesting. I don't do any lapidary work. Always interested in minerals and meteorites. I think you will find the Lounge a great place to visit. Smiley

IP Logged

travis
YaBB Newbies

RockHoundLounger

Reply #2 - Apr 18th, 2014 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
Heya Barclay welcome! I'm new to hounding and new to the boards, but i can tell ya from the people i have met here it's a great place to be! looking forward to seeing some of your works!

Cheers!

IP Logged

JoeM
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Reply #3 - Apr 18th, 2014 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
Welcome Barclay, Glad you found the board! Smiley
We'd love to see some pics of your rock hunting fieldtrips!We need some new scenery!
I saw where Tim offered a few suggestions about places to go in Ohio.
As a lapidary you would probably really like digging some of your own
Flint Ridge Flint to work!

Joe

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint