Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Crystal Point Diamond Mine, PA (Read 9314 times)
onionz
YaBB Newbies

RockHoundLounger

Crystal Point Diamond Mine, PA
May 14th, 2015 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
Crystal Point Diamond Mine in Williamsport, PA was closed down a few years ago. I hear it may be permanently closed. Does anyone have any info or contact info? I live in Williamsport and would love to have something so close.

IP Logged

Laurie Adams
Ex Member

Re: Crystal Point Diamond Mine, PA
Reply #1 - May 15th, 2015 at 7:37am
Print Post  
Williamsport is a little north of most of the good collecting sites in Pennsylvania, the majority are in the southeast quarter.  There are a lot of fossil sites not too far from you, such as Bellefonte, St. Clair, Danville, Lime Ridge, etc.  The Meckley Quarry in Mandata is a superb place to collect, but I think they have closed it to all but clubs for an occasional visit.  I would suggest you go on Amazon and buy (for about 15 bucks) the book "Rockhounding Pennsylvania and New Jersey" by Robert Beard.  Unfortunately the Crystal Point Diamond Mine was closed in 2009.   You should look to join a gem and mineral club.  A good one is the Northeast Pennsylvania Mineralogical society that meets in Moosic.  Go to:  http://msnepa.org

IP Logged

onionz
YaBB Newbies

RockHoundLounger

Re: Crystal Point Diamond Mine, PA
Reply #2 - May 17th, 2015 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
Thank Laurie. I did get that book at the local BAM! I've been to one site right near me that has fossil. I would love to find some crystals though. Do you know of any other sources of sites?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint