Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Helloooooo Everybody! (Read 568 times)
Rebecca
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Helloooooo Everybody!
Jan 28th, 2016 at 9:08am
Print Post  
Just wanted to reintroduce myself. I know a few of you guys here. I haven't been actively hunting for almost 3  years. Time flies! I miss the rocks SO much...er, and you guys too.

Becky kicked start the year with a trip to the Propst and I am so thankful she got me back on track. I didn't find much, but it was so satisfying to dig. I did find a one inch pink xtl with very defined xtl shape. Nothing like the bucket full and bucket size that Scott and Mark came up with.
Before my hiatus, I collected as often as I could (all the time). I didn't, and still don't, have a preference for any one mineral. I just like to prospect. Since I lived in Knoxville, Douglas Lake was a favorite.
I hope to finally get some lapidary equipment and find some new sources of TN agate this year. Really, any new sources of ANY minerals over here.  Wink
« Last Edit: Jan 28th, 2016 at 8:31pm by Rebecca »  

IP Logged

Scott LaBorde
RHL Administrator

"Rock it" science!

Re: Helloooooo Everybody!
Reply #1 - Jan 28th, 2016 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
Well then re-welcome to RHL Rebecca! Hiatus's are sometimes necessary to give you a deeper perspective on what you were missing out on the whole time.   Wink  Glad you're getting back on track.  I know you are a very creative person as can be seen by your awesome mica flower creations.  So when you get your lapidary equipment I can't wait to see what you come up with.   Cheesy

Scott

Scott LaBorde
RockHoundLounge Creator
IP Logged

Rebecca
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Re: Helloooooo Everybody!
Reply #2 - Jan 29th, 2016 at 11:24am
Print Post  
Thanks, Scott. I appreciate the welcome and compliments.
I can't wait to get back to making the mica flowers. That too has been almost 3 years.
I have a lot of things I really need to make...and a lot of rocks I really need to find!  Wink
Time definitely rewards you with perspective. I think I have a greater appreciation of "geological time" now.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint