Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Greetings from Wake County, NC (Read 443 times)
Borodog
YaBB Newbies

RockHoundLounger

Greetings from Wake County, NC
Oct 24th, 2016 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
Greetings everyone. I live in Wake County, NC, north of 540 off of Creedmoor Rd. My son has become quite the rock and crystal collector. I was hoping to meet someone local that might be able to a) assess our property (2.3 acres, seems to have plenty of quartz, including a beautiful quartz arrowhead I found a couple years back) and maybe tell us where we could go to hunt crystals in the area. I'd be happy to buy someone lunch, dinner, or beer in exchange for showing us a few ropes.

Any takers?

IP Logged

JoeM
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Re: Greetings from Wake County, NC
Reply #1 - Oct 24th, 2016 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
Welcome borodog and son,
Because of all the development off Creedmoor out that way we've been doing a bit of scouting lately,
and haven't found much in the way of quartz crystals,...yet.
Real interesting geology in that area, but difficult to get a good look at it.
Anyway, I'm working out there off Shooting Club Drive the last half of this week, I'll send you a PM and see if one evening might work.

IP Logged

Scott LaBorde
RHL Administrator

"Rock it" science!

Re: Greetings from Wake County, NC
Reply #2 - Oct 25th, 2016 at 8:38am
Print Post  
Hi Borodog.  Welcome to RHL. As Joe said we've been scouting that area for sometime  now with not much to show for it, but it doesn't mean there's nothing to be found. On many occasions we have seen where several acres of land contains a spot only 10 x 10 ft. where all the crystals are found and none any where else.  So it's always worth checking every square inch. Since Joe is working out there already this week he would be perfect one to help you out and get you started.  Good luck!!

Scott LaBorde
RockHoundLounge Creator
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint