Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Hello everyone (Read 455 times)
JohnG
YaBB Newbies

RockHoundLounger

Hello everyone
Dec 3rd, 2016 at 9:24pm
Print Post  
I am relatively new to rock hounding even though I have had a keen interest in geology and geologic formations for many years. My dad introduced me to rock hounding many years ago. He got into into lapidary during his retirement and would include me on some of his rock hounding trips.
I currently live in Stanly county NC but grew up in Montgomery. The forum topics on the Montgomery county quartz mines really peaked my interest. I hope to be able to visit some of those places in the near future.
Thanks for accepting me as an RHL member. I have already learned a lot from the forum topics and hope to learn much more as I get more in to this fascinating hobby.
If anyone needs a dig partner please let me know. Now that I am retired I have much more time for these pursuits. Thanks again. John

IP Logged

Scott LaBorde
RHL Administrator

"Rock it" science!

Re: Hello everyone
Reply #1 - Dec 6th, 2016 at 9:18am
Print Post  
NC is such a haven for rockhounds. I've lived here for most of my life and find it hard to believe that I never even questioned what was beneath my feet until well after I began going to college here. Glad you found the RHL. Feel free to ask any questions you have, and don't forget to post your finds.   Wink

Scott LaBorde
RockHoundLounge Creator
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint