Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Greetings (Read 603 times)
rutilated
YaBB Newbies

RockHoundLounger

Greetings
Dec 5th, 2016 at 10:10am
Print Post  
Hello Y'all. I know I have met some of you in the past at digs, but just wanted to reintroduce myself and ask for a friendly pointer or two. My name is Matt and I live in Asheville. I occasionally have meetings in Raleigh, one of which is coming up this week. The last places I used to know of were off Blue Ridge Road and they are long gone. Would anyone be willing to share some general info as to where some active construction sites with potential might be found? I usually only have an hour or so to drive and look, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Willing to trade peg (kyanite, beryl, etc) or PA pyromorphite. Thanks

IP Logged

Scott LaBorde
RHL Administrator

"Rock it" science!

Re: Greetings
Reply #1 - Dec 6th, 2016 at 9:29am
Print Post  
Hey Matt. There are many "active" construction sites going on everywhere and we've checked the majority of them.  Unfortunately there's only one that I know of that's currently producing crystals. PM me your email address and I'll send you a map of the zone of crystallization within Wake County where I've plotted every location I've found crystals at.  From this map you'll get an idea of where to look for crystals.

Scott LaBorde
RockHoundLounge Creator
IP Logged

jgards86

RockHoundLounger

Reply #2 - Dec 6th, 2016 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
We should be digging this weekend if you are interested in tagging along.

IP Logged

rutilated
YaBB Newbies

RockHoundLounger

Reply #3 - Dec 6th, 2016 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
Thanks Scott, I appreciate the generous offer. Won't have too much time other than to surface scan prior to sunset.

Thanks j, another generous offer. Will be back in Asheville by then but I really appreciate the invite.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint