Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Should I Dig ? (Read 1312 times)
Buckshot

RockHoundLounger

Should I Dig ?
Feb 16th, 2017 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
Here is the situation while plowing a portion of a field I hit a large rock almost at the surface, it is a pegmatite.  Since this time I've probed and broke portions of the rock and discovered on one side the rock is approximately 4-5 ft. deep. The pegmatite looks similar to what one would see at Crabtree Emerald Mine with the exception of tourmaline, black schrol. We all know there are only two main locations for emeralds in North Carolina.
My curiosity says dig but the practical side of me says don't break the surface unnecessarily.  If some of you would like to take a look and make a recommendation it would be appreciated, in return I will give you the balance of the day free gold and gem prospecting on the property (Treasure Valley).  The property is located approximately 10 miles from exit 86 on I-40 in McDowell County.  Send me a personal message if interested.

IP Logged

Piraino
YaBB Newbies

RockHoundLounger

Re: Should I Dig ?
Reply #1 - May 29th, 2017 at 1:54am
Print Post  
I would dig. Sound like it could be a good spot.

IP Logged

Tim4d
God Member

I like creeks & rivers
to do the digging for
me.

Re: Should I Dig ?
Reply #2 - May 30th, 2017 at 12:18pm
Print Post  
From all the descriptions of your property I have enjoyed reading, I say dig!  What is "known" as in known locations is always subject to new discovery.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint