Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Hello from Moore Co. (Read 1025 times)
Eric Flintstone
YaBB Newbies

RockHoundLounger

Hello from Moore Co.
May 24th, 2017 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
Just wanted to say hello and give a short intro.  As the subject heading says.  I am from Moore County N. C.  Robbins Highfalls area to be exact .  I became interested in rock hounding around a month ago by pure accident.  My intent was to start hunting for arrowheads which had always fascinated me. Now that I am retired.  I figured I would take that fascination to the next step and go hunting for some myself.  I asked the wife is she would like to join me.  She agreed and on the hunt we went.  We hit a couple of neighbors fields and all the wife was interested in was the rocks..... The none arrowhead kind. Lol. Long story short? Have yet to find my first arrowhead, but I have found good amount of Quartz crystals and Jasper.   Grin

IP Logged

JoeM
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Re: Hello from Moore Co.
Reply #1 - May 24th, 2017 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
Welcome to the Board, Eric, and Good for you on retirement and rockhounding.
Very glad to hear your wife is interested in the hunt, too! That ought to make it easier on you. Wink
Plowed fields close to water, creeks and rivers, is the best place to look for arrowheads. Once you find that first one your eye will be better and you ought to be seeing them more. Nothing wrong with quartz crystals and jasper either!
Best of Luck!
Joe

IP Logged

Scott LaBorde
RHL Administrator

"Rock it" science!

Reply #2 - May 25th, 2017 at 8:28am
Print Post  
Welcome Eric. It a good thing you're wife converted you!  Wink  Rockhounding is a lifelong hobby that will keep you healthy and happy.  It was a pleasure digging with you. There are probably some fantastic crystals waiting to be found there. Can't wait to get back there.   Cheesy

Scott LaBorde
RockHoundLounge Creator
IP Logged

Tim4d
God Member

I like creeks & rivers
to do the digging for
me.

Reply #3 - May 30th, 2017 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
Welcome to the Lounge!