Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic New from Lee County, NC (Read 1090 times)
Joe Sal
YaBB Newbies

RockHoundLounger

New from Lee County, NC
Jul 7th, 2017 at 8:34pm
Print Post  
Hello everyone. Appreciate your time and the opportunity to chat with people who share my enthusiasm. I grew up just south of Buffalo, NY and start collecting mostly fossils as a kid. I currently reside near Sanford and really got back in to rockhounding last year. I was out Arizona for a work course and decided to make use of my weekends in the mountains. My instructors were also big time rockhounders, but were solely focused on gold and turquoise. They provided me a few locations to hunt over the few weeks I had there. Needless to say, I sent 6 flat rate boxes of minerals home. For me, rockhounding is my time to clear my head from work and is a relatively cheap and fun way to spend time with my kids. Can't wait to share with the team.

IP Logged

Dude

RockHoundLounger

Re: New from Lee County, NC
Reply #1 - Jul 8th, 2017 at 10:23am
Print Post  
Hello Joe

What a wonderful thing to do with your children. I'm saying welcome but I'm only new myself and I know absolutely nothing apart from names of minerals/crystals I have. I collect them but have never been mining etc. I have lots to learn!

IP Logged

JoeM
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Reply #2 - Jul 8th, 2017 at 10:56am
Print Post  
Welcome to the Board, Joe, and Best of Luck to you!
That's an interesting area for rockhounding down there. Where the Coastal Plain meets the Carolina Terrane.
Since Fort Brag is to your South and East, you're probably going to look more to your North and West. Wink

IP Logged

Tim4d
God Member

I like creeks & rivers
to do the digging for
me.

Reply #3 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
Welcome to the lounge!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1