Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Bigfoot Sighting in McDowell County! (Read 2536 times)
JoeM
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Bigfoot Sighting in McDowell County!
Aug 8th, 2017 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
The Marion based Bigfoot watch dog group, Bigfoot 911, reports that last Friday evening just before 11pm they had a run in with Bigfoot.
Seven members of the group were on a search mission and had scattered glow sticks in the area because they believe Bigfoot finds the sticks too curious not to investigate.
The sight of one of those sticks moving through the woods got one members attention and he ran after it.
"I turned my headlamp on and saw a large bipedal animal covered in hair. It's face was solid black with no hair on it. And the eyes were farther apart than human eyes." Shocked

Bigfoot 911 has a Facebook page if you would like to read more about it.

IP Logged

Tim4d
God Member

I like creeks & rivers
to do the digging for
me.

Re: Bigfoot Sighting in McDowell County!
Reply #1 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 9:10am
Print Post  
Because glowsticks.  Learn something new every day!

IP Logged

JoeM
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Reply #2 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 10:13pm
Print Post  
Yessiree, Tim. When you're going hunting for Bigfoot don't leave home without your glowsticks! Smiley

IP Logged

Dude

RockHoundLounger

Reply #3 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 11:02am
Print Post  
I don't know much about Bigfoot but I just have such an amazing image of him now... in a cave on his own, blowing his whistle and waving his glow sticks around!!

Joking aside though, slightly worried they are using glow sticks to scatter as they are toxic aren't they?  Undecided

IP Logged

JoeM
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Reply #4 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
Hey Dude,
Bigfoot, or Sasquatch, has always been a thing of wonder for me.
There is a national website with a list of all reported sightings in the US, including Hawaii and Alaska. North Carolina has quite a few sightings with the Uwharrie Mtns supposedly one of the hot spots.
I've gotten several t-shirts from The Outpost in Eldorado on Hwy 109 in Montgomery County, like one with a picture of Bigfoot saying "I'm squatching you!" Smiley
I have to respect and wonder about Sasquatch in the lore of many Native American cultures,
but the archaeologist in me has to wonder why there have never been any remains found, only footprints?

Anyway, to address your question about the toxicity of glow tubes, since they are a common toy used by and for children of all ages I could not imagine them being too toxic.
Here's a link to the NC Poison Center,
http://www.ncpoisoncenter.org/body.cfm?id=117

IP Logged

Ryan T.
YaBB Newbies

Reply #5 - Oct 31st, 2017 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
Supposedly, a sheriff in Minerva, Ohio has "irrefutable proof" that Bigfoot travels here. I knew that we had the legend of Grassman here, but I had no clue that there were so many Bigfoot sightings. There was a lot of Ohio history that I've recently learned, some of it is fascinating (to me). Ya know, I went to private school growing up, and while we learned so much history on a global scale, we learned virtually nothing about the history that happened in our own backyards.

So, I think this thread was started by Joe, so thank you, dude Smiley The only reason why the Bigfoot thing caught my attention was because I remembered seeing this thread. Which lead me to do research, which has given me new pride in being an Ohioan. So, my hat's off to you, sir Smiley

IP Logged

JoeM
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Reply #6 - Nov 1st, 2017 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
Glad to hear it, Ryan T.
It's funny how things work. And it is always interesting how we often times think that things "right in our own backyard" can't possibly be worth as much or be as interesting as something in a far away land.
I'm as guilty of it as anyone.
I'd say the #1 goal of RockHoundLounge is to share that learning can be fun. Especially in your own backyard! Smiley
Thanks, Ryan. Glad you are following the board.

IP Logged

Wailele

RockHoundLounger

Reply #7 - Nov 28th, 2017 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
Being a native Hawaiian, I for one can vouch that there is absolutely no sasquatch in Hawaii. Somebody must have been floating in the clouds and seen their hairy Uncle running naked through the bushes. I am a skeptic when it comes to the Squatch but, the frustrating thing is that most of the video evidence always seems to be taken by a man with no arms or a toy camera. Lots of people faking evidence as well just makes it harder to believe anything these days.

IP Logged

JoeM
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Reply #8 - Nov 29th, 2017 at 9:20pm
Print Post  
Not so fast there, wailele, I found this video of Bigfoot in Kailua. Cheesy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIr-8wltAH0

IP Logged

Wailele

RockHoundLounger

Reply #9 - Nov 29th, 2017 at 11:12pm
Print Post  
I stand corrected. That's diffenently not a hairy uncle.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint