Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Krissi from WA (Read 1215 times)
Distantmermaid
YaBB Newbies

RockHoundLounger

Krissi from WA
Aug 25th, 2017 at 1:46am
Print Post  
Hi, I'm Krissi from Kapowsin, Washington. Kapowsin is a tiny town near Mt. Rainier. I love collecting rocks and minerals, I have for as long as can I remember. I really don't know much about them though. I have so so many rocks and can only identify a few agates and the petrified wood of courseĀ  lol. I thought this would be a good place to pick up some information, mostly identification and what kind of rocks and minerals I can find around my area and where to look. Thanks Smiley

IP Logged

JoeM
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Re: Krissi from WA
Reply #1 - Aug 25th, 2017 at 10:04am
Print Post  
Hello krissi, and welcome to the board! Smiley
I've been wondering who the mermaid was and Washington state is distant enough! Sounds like a beautiful corner of the world you live in.
Yes, I know there is agate, petrified wood, and even some jade to be found in your area. We would be happy to help you identify some of the other rocks in your collection, but please, only post one or two at a time. And if you know "where" the rock comes from is always a big help.
As far as suggestions of where to look, I don't know how much help we will be there, unless, of course, you are planning a trip to the east coast.
Along with any pics of your rock finds we would love to see some of the landscape and countryside where you reside and possibly where you found your specimens. I don't get to the west coast much. Wink
Thanks for saying Hello!
Joe

IP Logged

Tim4d
God Member

I like creeks & rivers
to do the digging for
me.

Re: Krissi from WA
Reply #2 - Aug 30th, 2017 at 9:27am
Print Post  
Welcome to the Lounge!