Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Greetings from Missouri (Read 1903 times)
EarthGrl
YaBB Newbies

RockHoundLounger

Greetings from Missouri
Oct 9th, 2017 at 11:26am
Print Post  
Hello all! I'm new to the forum, and I'm an amateur rock collector. I seek out unique rocks and minerals on my hikes. I joined in hopes that I could get help with identification. I know very little about the different rocks and minerals out there, and I look forward to learning from everyone here.
I'll be posting lots of threads in the identification forum, so please bear with me.  Smiley

Brittany

IP Logged

Scott LaBorde
RHL Administrator

"Rock it" science!

Re: Greetings from Missouri
Reply #1 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
Welcome EarthGrl! Glad you found the RHL. We'll be happy to try to identify whatever you post. The sharper the image quality the better chance we'll be able to help. Looking forward to seeing your finds.   Grin

Scott LaBorde
RockHoundLounge Creator
IP Logged

Tim4d
God Member

I like creeks & rivers
to do the digging for
me.

Reply #2 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
Welcome to the Lounge! You should check out posts by member Dinotom.  (Go to Members, click on Name column to alphabetize it and scroll to find him.) Once on his member page, there is a place where you can click to view his past posts.  He collects agates and more in St. Louis area and I think he posted of some trips elsewhere in the state.

IP Logged

Tim4d
God Member

I like creeks & rivers
to do the digging for
me.

Reply #3 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
As a youngster in St. Louis County, I first collected rocks when my mom decided to take an outing to Wild Horse Creek near, but not on, Babler State Park circa 1970.  Despite her handicapped leg, she scrambled down the creek bank and we collected a dozen or so geodes, up to about fist size.  So that's what started my rockhound interest,  then later a school field trip to collect fossils in the road cuts west of Six Flags.  I still have the geodes, but the fossils got  misplaced  somewhere along the years.  If I were to visit Missouri I would want to explore the lead-silver districts, and revisit the igneous/metamorphic outcrops like Iron Knob and Johnson Shut-Ins.  Maybe after I retire.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint