Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Nice to be here! New from Southern Missouri ~ (Read 1218 times)
Daniegirl_76
YaBB Newbies

RockHoundLounger

Nice to be here! New from Southern Missouri ~
Nov 22nd, 2017 at 9:19pm
Print Post  
In short, I developed a passion for finding rocks in nature when I started to look over my husbands discarded pile from his Indian Artifact hunts.  He'd bring home bags from the river to go through and I spotted a few fossils in some and I was hooked.  Furthermore, I just can't seem to toss the rocks I find that have an eerie resemblance to everyday things, or animals.. Yes, I did find Elvis once, but lost him Sad He is still alive somewhere in southern Missouri! But, (I call this odd collection of mine 'Rockstarz' i still have the foot, fox, shoe, and awesome monkey with the agitized eye.
I have done research and research, leading to more research... I'd find a description of what i found only to find out there are 6 more like it with different names.
The downfall is my vision is starting to fail me... I could get an overall idea on what I have but might need some confirmation so I don't sound silly when presenting something and have it turn out to be something totally different.
I look forward to seeing all your finds and looking up your stories... I can't wait to get started, and thank you for bringing me into your group.

"Never let the world take away your smile- instead, use your smile and steal the world!"
IP Logged

JoeM
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Re: Nice to be here! New from Southern Missouri ~
Reply #1 - Nov 23rd, 2017 at 11:18am
Print Post  
Happy Thanksgiving and Welcome to the Board, naturerocz!
Glad you are still hanging in there even after finding out there are
"six more like it with different names." Wink
Good for you!
Sorry to hear about Elvis but we definitely want to see that monkey! Smiley

IP Logged

Daniegirl_76
YaBB Newbies

RockHoundLounger

Reply #2 - Nov 23rd, 2017 at 9:31pm
Print Post  
Thank you for the welcome and Happy Thanksgiving to you as well... I hope you had a wonderful day...
I will indeed be posting tonight or tomorrow in the Interesting, unusual and extraordinary thread as well as in 'what did you find' for our past couple outings.

"Never let the world take away your smile- instead, use your smile and steal the world!"
IP Logged

Scott LaBorde
RHL Administrator

"Rock it" science!

Reply #3 - Nov 27th, 2017 at 8:22am
Print Post  
Welcome to the RHL Daniegirl!  Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.  Wow that time off we had just flew by! That's really neat that you collect and find resemblances in the rocks. I hope you show us some of them.  Welcome and happy hunting!

Scott LaBorde
RockHoundLounge Creator
IP Logged

Tim4d
God Member

I like creeks & rivers
to do the digging for
me.

Reply #4 - Nov 27th, 2017 at 8:40am
Print Post  
Welcome to the Lounge!