Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Found It! (Read 1942 times)
JoeM
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Found It!
Feb 7th, 2018 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
I thought I'd thrown it away or given it to Goodwill or something.
Finally for some answers!
This first came out in 1931 and this is a 1968 edition.

DSCN1112.JPG ( 197 KB | 52 Downloads )
DSCN1112.JPG
DSCN1119.JPG ( 164 KB | 47 Downloads )
DSCN1119.JPG

IP Logged

Wailele

RockHoundLounger

Re: Found It!
Reply #1 - Feb 8th, 2018 at 1:18am
Print Post  
Pretty interesting stuff. I read online what the book was about and it looks like today's scientist's believe the lost continent never existed, despite finding ancient ruins near Japan. The ruins by Japan could be unrelated to Mu though since there's no solid evidence linking the two together... yet. Dont forget about the "Brazilian Atlantis" either. Watching the documentary of that discovery was very cool. I'll be pretty stoked if they find anything that proves Mu is real.

IP Logged

JoeM
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Reply #2 - Feb 8th, 2018 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
I'm in total agreement with you, Wailele.
But the Pacific is a Big, Deep ocean.
I read the first 40 pages of this 30 years ago and decided that was enough. Going to try and get thru the whole thing this time. Why?
Just because it's out there, or here, or where ever. Wink

Brazilian Atlantis!!!  How'd I miss that one! Going to have to do a little research on that. Thanks!
I'm pretty sure we have a portion of Atlantis here in Wake County, so Brazil doesn't surprise me too much. Grin

IP Logged

Wailele

RockHoundLounger

Reply #3 - Mar 2nd, 2018 at 12:34am
Print Post  
Hey Joe,  did you succeed this time? Grin

IP Logged

JoeM
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Reply #4 - Mar 2nd, 2018 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
Thanks for asking, Wailele, Smiley I've been meaning to report.

I was curious why my bookmark was at page 40, but forgot about it when I began reading again with renewed interest and zeal.
I read and read and read until I could read no more, and found myself on Page 41. Tongue
The way every event that ever happened anywhere at anytime in Earths' history was an obvious example of the existence of MU was, in short, ridiculous. How events that happened 2000 years ago could have any bearing on events that supposedly happened 50,000 ago is more than I care to realize.
The cataclysm that sank the continent of Mu and "All" it's population was terrible. Everyone perished. But then, some groups were able to escape, and take the hundreds of clay tablets the author eventually found with them. I don't know if they had rafts, boats or flying saucers!
I don't know, there may be some merit to this book to someone studying and translating ancient languages and symbols. It seems the story of creation is more important than the existence of MU. The author compares different ancient versions of the Creation and this may be interesting to some. The MU version, as translated from the tablets by the author, is a beautiful rendition of God swirling astral gases together to form the Earth and all it's creatures in seven days.
There may be something of interest for the anthropologist in reading this book, but nothing much for a geologist.
I'm disappointed.

And I did look into the "Brazilian Atlantis". Very interesting research. I am always interested in research of the ocean floors. At least now they have Atlantis in the right ocean.  Wink

Thanks for asking, Wailele. Smiley

« Last Edit: Mar 2nd, 2018 at 9:19pm by JoeM »  

IP Logged

Tim4d
God Member

I like creeks & rivers
to do the digging for
me.

Reply #5 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 9:49am
Print Post  
Those lost continents.  When you find them, they're always in the last place you looked!

IP Logged

Tim4d
God Member

I like creeks & rivers
to do the digging for
me.

Reply #6 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 9:59am
Print Post  
I remember seeing that paperback in the 1970s at friends' houses.  I don't recall getting past a few pages because it just launched into assumption that MU was real and had no narrative arc, just diarrhea of the pen.   

IP Logged

Rebecca
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Reply #7 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
When Joe first started this thread my cheeks hurt from smiling!
Thanks for the chuckles!
I don't know why I was reluctant to say that JNC's gormanite looked like it was doing a fan dance...a fandango!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint