Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic New Member From Massachusetts (Read 825 times)
JNC
YaBB Newbies

RockHoundLounger

New Member From Massachusetts
Mar 5th, 2018 at 9:29am
Print Post  
Hello Rockhoundlounge!

The following are tidbits about myself, specifically regarding my journey so far in the wonderful world of rocks and minerals.

I started collecting rocks and minerals when I was around 7.  I continued to procure specimens for the next 5 years until rock collecting became replaced by coin collecting. I became so consumed by the world of numismatics that I lost interest in mineralogy, gave my collection away and didn't think about minerals for over a decade.  One day, while in Boston, I stumbled across a youtube video titled " My Gem and Mineral Collection." Ever since, I have been re-engaged and back in the hobby full force.

I have a very strong affinity toward mineral specimens that are bluntly gorgeous, aesthetic, pristine and---in many cases---outrageously colorful. I also have a thing for odd-ball/elusive mineral species, Pyromorphite from the Bunker Hill Mine, and the acicular crystal habit. Unfortunately, my collection has been exclusively private and stored out of sight in boxes, therefore unknown to the mineral community. I've realized that this is a shameful act, as many of these specimens are works of natural art and need to be exposed to other rockhounds. I'm essentially using this site as an outlet to accomplish that objective.

IP Logged

JoeM
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Re: New Member From Massachusetts
Reply #1 - Mar 5th, 2018 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
Hey JNC, Welcome to the Board and I'm glad you found it! Smiley
With those initials it's almost like you're a homie!

I believe Scott's main reason for creating this board was to provide a place for people to share their mineral photos. He and a few others on here are photographers, and the rest of us just try not to clutter it up too bad. From your first picture of the pyrite specimen I can tell I'm going to enjoy your photos.
Look forward to seeing more of your collection.
Joe

IP Logged

Scott LaBorde
RHL Administrator

"Rock it" science!

Reply #2 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 8:20am
Print Post  
Welcome to the RHL JNC.  Indeed minerals are works of natural art.  As Joe said I'm glad you found your way here so that we can all have the opportunity to share in the aesthetics of your specimens.  Can't wait to see what things you have.   Cheesy

Scott LaBorde
RockHoundLounge Creator
IP Logged

JNC
YaBB Newbies

RockHoundLounger

Reply #3 - Mar 6th, 2018 at 10:11am
Print Post  
I appreciate the warm welcome! Thank you! I'll try to post something new every day.

IP Logged

Tim4d
God Member

I like creeks & rivers
to do the digging for
me.

Reply #4 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 11:32am
Print Post  
Welcome to the Lounge!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1