Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Have you ever.. (Read 1099 times)
daves64

Rockaholic

Have you ever..
Jul 6th, 2018 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
just picked up a rock, only because the shape intrigued you? Not worrying about location, weight, or what its composed of? Just an interesting rock.. I did just exactly that this morning on my way in from work. So I thought I'd share it with you, just because. If anyone else has a "just because" rock, feel free to post it, I'd like to see it.

1_004.JPG ( 289 KB | 43 Downloads )
1_004.JPG
2_004.JPG ( 270 KB | 36 Downloads )
2_004.JPG
3_004.JPG ( 211 KB | 39 Downloads )
3_004.JPG

IP Logged

Rebecca
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Re: Have you ever..
Reply #1 - Jul 7th, 2018 at 6:52am
Print Post  
ha! I just did the same thing on the 4th. I even had to justify it to myself a couple of times when I picked it up...."just because it was interesting". I call it "sculpture'.  Wink
I will post a pic when I can find it. I found a reworked point after that, so that became the super star of the day.
Thanks for sharing.

IP Logged

JMB1989

RockHoundLounger

Reply #2 - Jul 7th, 2018 at 9:19am
Print Post  
Yesterday I went out to explore/scout a creek and had not really planned on grabbing anything. After a little while, I did see a different looking material and grabbed it without really thinking about it. It was pretty dirty but it did have an odd green color that caught my eye. I am not completely sure but I think it is Actinolite on Quartz. Sorry, the picture is not the greatest in person it looks more fibrous.

IMG_20180706_170324.jpg ( 4226 KB | 48 Downloads )
IMG_20180706_170324.jpg

IP Logged

lizziebird

RockHoundLounger

Reply #3 - Jul 7th, 2018 at 10:19am
Print Post  
I have picked up a random rock, just because it caught my eye, and bring it home in my pocket.  When I get home, I look at it and usually wonder, why did I pick this up?? They usually end up getting tossed in my yard. The last time I remember doing this was about a month ago, kid and I were hiking in the woods, he spent some time at the stream playing in the water, I picked up a bunch of rocks, ended up bringing one home with me.  I liked the way it felt, so very incredibly smooth and waterworn.  Actually kind of reminds me of the rock in the first set of pictures of this discussion Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint