Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Hello from West Texas (Read 936 times)
tammieroxann2014
YaBB Newbies

RockHoundLounger

Hello from West Texas
Jan 9th, 2019 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
Hi All,

I’m Tammie and I live in the Permian Basin in West Texas. I’ve been collecting rocks since I was old enough to put them in my pocket. I was born in Illinois and moved to south Louisiana in my late 20’s then to Northwest Arkansas in my mid 30’s. I met and married my husband and followed him out to west Texas for his work. We travel a lot since we have children in Illinois, Louisiana & South Texas and he is always making special stops for me to rock hound. I love collecting quartz and anything with a lot of colors. I have amassed quite a large collection and have recently realized there is a lot I don’t t know about most of my collections. I look forward to meeting some new people and learning a lot of new and interesting stuff  Wink

IP Logged

JoeM
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Re: Hello from West Texas
Reply #1 - Jan 9th, 2019 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
Welcome to the Board, Tammie! Thanks for saying Hi!
I wonder if there are any Rockhounds n Midland, or are they all baseball fans? Grin
I would imagine that fossils are the main thing to hunt for in the Permian, but would love to see what you are finding.
Now Northwest Arkansas is a good place for rockhounding, especially if you like quartz crystals!
Winter time is the best time to hunt for rocks in the south and I imagine it's about too hot to think about it down there in July and August!
If you post any pictures of specimens you aren't sure about, be sure to let us know "where" it is from if possible.
Happy Hunting!
Joe

IP Logged

Scott LaBorde
RHL Administrator

"Rock it" science!

Re: Hello from West Texas
Reply #2 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 8:27am
Print Post  
Welcome to the RHL Tammie. My favorite pyrite formation comes from Midlothian, Ellis Co., Texas maybe you have some yourself. We would love to see some of the specimens in your collection sometime. It's obvious you've been bit by the bug, unfortunately it only gets worse or better depending on how you look at it.  Wink  Happy to have you here.  Grin

Scott LaBorde
RockHoundLounge Creator
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint