Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic NW Illinois locations for newbie. also WI,IA,IN (Read 4946 times)
sleepingtiger
YaBB Newbies

RockHoundLounger

NW Illinois locations for newbie. also WI,IA,IN
Oct 17th, 2019 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
   I am a newbie located about 1/2way between Rockford & Dekalb, IL. & could REALLY use some nearby locations! You can also include NE Iowa, Southern WI.  even Northern IN. I have been buying stones to tumble & probably will continue, but would like to polish up some of my own finds.
   If you don't want to make site info totally public, but are willing to share with me, I can be emailed at: 1sleepingtiger@gmail.com. As I become more experienced, I'll start sharing, but right now, don't really have anything to share.
   Thanks-in-Advance,
    Tony

IP Logged

JoeM
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Re: NW Illinois locations for newbie. also WI,IA,IN
Reply #1 - Oct 18th, 2019 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
Hey Tony, Welcome to the hobby! Smiley
Rocks are where you find them, but it helps to read up and do as much research as you can about the area you are looking at. There's a whole lot of research to do but atleast now most of it is recorded in a video on YouTube so you don't have to read as much. Wink
You've got some of the best geode collecting in the world right next to you up and down the Mississippi.
And look at the post about the "Ben Clement Museum" in the post below yours here. It should be at the top of your list!
And the lakes are great opportunities! I've seen lots of videos about collecting the shorelines and what to look for.
As a tumbler you should know all about Lake Superior agates.
And luck helps so Good Luck!
Joe

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint