Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Scratching around Wednesday (Read 3577 times)
carolinaminerals
YaBB Newbies

RockHoundLounger

Scratching around Wednesday
Jan 10th, 2021 at 11:03am
Print Post  
Hi Everyone,

I’m looking to do some scratching around the Chatham and Lee County area Wednesday. It’s been a few years since I’ve been collecting and to keep my sanity I need to get out. Is the Clegg mine still open for collecting? I don’t like mad people with guns yelling at me about trespassing. I would like to see if there might still be some micro mounts there.

Thanks, Keith

IP Logged

JoeM
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Re: Scratching around Wednesday
Reply #1 - Jan 11th, 2021 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
Hey Keith,
  Happy New Year to you!
  I'm not sure what's going on at the Clegg. Been meaning to check it out for over a year now. Heard there wasn't much to look at without digging up the old tailings and that 'they' weren't allowing that. Also heard there was some building going on in the area.
  We were in the Pittsboro area yesterday and didn't find anything good to look at but still enjoy walking the fields at Coopers Ridge.
Have a Good One,
Joe

IP Logged

JoeM
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Re: Scratching around Wednesday
Reply #2 - Jan 11th, 2021 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
Hey Keith,
  Happy New Year to you!
  I'm not sure what's going on at the Clegg. Been meaning to check it out for over a year now. Heard there wasn't much to look at without digging up the old tailings and that 'they' weren't allowing that. Also heard there was some building going on in the area.
  We were in the Pittsboro area yesterday and didn't find anything good to look at but still enjoy walking the fields at Coopers Ridge.
Have a Good One,
Joe

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint