Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Going rockhounding for the first time. (Read 639 times)
ANS86
YaBB Newbies

RockHoundLounger

Going rockhounding for the first time.
Jul 24th, 2021 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
I am 35 and have never been rockhounding before. I’ve always had something else going on and never had time to reall take interest in my interests, so here I am starting out. Making my first trip to Colorado (I’m from SA,Tx). I go hiking as often as possible (not in the best shape however  Grin ) I was hoping to meet someone who knows the land well and can point me in the right direction. I am a RN so I spend most time in and around machines, outdoors is exciting for me and my family but I want to be sure I am going in the right direction. I’m reading “Rockhounding Colorado” currently as have some place in mind but would still love to find somewhere close to a river so we can hear the sound of water while looking. Thank you all, and I really hope this is the right forum for this. If not, I apologize.

IP Logged

DaddyD
YaBB Newbies

RockHoundLounger

Re: Going rockhounding for the first time.
Reply #1 - Aug 30th, 2021 at 8:55pm
Print Post  
I will soon be coming to Coloardo I  will be in the chaffee county area and inn the process of obtaining a gemstone claim and know where a lot of public land is once i get there Iwill be more than happy to meetup

IP Logged

Scott LaBorde
RHL Administrator

"Rock it" science!

Re: Going rockhounding for the first time.
Reply #2 - Sep 15th, 2021 at 10:18am
Print Post  
Welcome to the RHL ANS86. I actually have a video where Richard Palley and I go digging at various places in Colorado.  It may give you some ideas.

https://youtu.be/SZ9Ih4lnVCk

Scott LaBorde
RockHoundLounge Creator
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint