Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic This was given to me. (Read 658 times)
AprilW
YaBB Newbies

RockHoundLounger

This was given to me.
Nov 12th, 2022 at 6:10am
Print Post  
I have no idea where it is from. Sad My cousin found it on his property, but based on some of the other finds he has brought me, I am pretty sure it is not local to NC. But honestly, I have no idea what to call this stone. I haven’t had time to cut it open yet, so these are all surface photos. Help is appreciated.

IP Logged

JoeM
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Re: This was given to me.
Reply #1 - Nov 12th, 2022 at 9:25am
Print Post  
Well give it back to them! Cool

IP Logged

JoeM
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Re: This was given to me.
Reply #2 - Nov 12th, 2022 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
Okay, April, seriously now,   Wink

Not sure why you don't think it came from around here but it sure looks like some our mixed up squeezed morphed rock. Yes, it is hard to come up with one name for the rock since there are so many mineral elements to it.
I'm not sure what the name of that 'group' or type of rock would be? We'd have to know the where to know the why and how all those pieces fit together. Tell your cousin, "Oh yeah, that's a metamorphic rock." Like that's all he should need to know and see what he says.  Smiley

I can't tell what all is in that rock. No fault of yours. Great in focus pictures.  Cut some and see what it looks like.

I meant to get in touch with you before the Pullen Arts show last weekend, dang it. You were probably at some other show.  Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint