Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Hurricane Debby (Read 63 times)
RickB

Hurricane Debby
Aug 16th, 2024 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
One week after Hurricane Debby and we're back on the coast at Mosquitoville. All the standing water brings on the biting insects. Wife put some
anti-itch lidocane lotion on my back and lost count at 32 bites. My shirt probably looks like swiss cheese with all the tiny holes in it. I even
sprayed repellent over the entire t-shirt in the morning before I put it on. Unable to go crabbing for now as my favorite spot hasn't reopened
yet. When I'm camping along the coast and not crabbing I do some knapping so I need to get to work.

Just a few photos from the North Santee River near McClellanville/Bulls Bay area of SC where the eye of the storm came in.

IP Logged

JoeM
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Re: Hurricane Debby
Reply #1 - Aug 17th, 2024 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
Hey Rick, Thanks for the pics. Glad to see you're getting out on this 'beautiful' weekend after the storm.  Might be some good beachcombing to do? It's a little windier today so maybe it will blow some of the bugs away.
But we all know that if you can't find anything to do, you can always take a knap!
I'm sitting in the shop dripping like a faucet, and it's only 90 out.

Enjoy Yourselves! Smiley

IP Logged

Scott LaBorde
RHL Administrator

"Rock it" science!

Re: Hurricane Debby
Reply #2 - Aug 19th, 2024 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
I can't wait until we find a way to make mosquitos go extinct forever. Hope you can go crabbing soon.

Scott LaBorde
RockHoundLounge Creator
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint