Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Rare NC Amethyst and much more (Read 1699 times)
Laurie Adams
Ex Member

Rare NC Amethyst and much more
Jan 9th, 2013 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
I have just acquired the collection of Charles Sutliff from Reidsville, NC on consignment and will be selling it quickly at very reasonable prices. Two truckloads of specimens. Some of the highlights include: some 300 to 500 amethyst specimens from previously unknown localities in Caswell and Rockingham Counties, NC, several museum quality pieces of coral from the Withalacoochee River, many fine amethyst specimens from Thunder Bay in Cananda, a number of good plates of clear crystals of quartz from Arkansas, some Illinois fluorite, and many other odds and ends. All were collected by Charles himself. From junk to museum quality. Picked up the first truckload today and will be picking up the second on Friday. Better pieces will be sold individually, much of it will be sold wholesale by the flat. The NC amethyst specimens are quite special, as they were collected in the 60's and 70's from long gone localities. All of the material may be viewed at my Rockshop anytime after this weekend. The better pieces will go quickly, the prices will be cheap.

IP Logged

Scott LaBorde
RHL Administrator

"Rock it" science!

Re: Rare NC Amethyst and much more
Reply #1 - Jan 10th, 2013 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the info Laurie, it will be a rare treat to see and possibly purchase some of those specimens.  I can't wait to see them.

Scott

Scott LaBorde
RockHoundLounge Creator
IP Logged

Laurie Adams
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jan 10th, 2013 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
Mike McDuffie and a couple others are coming down Friday evening for a campfire, cookout and talking rocks till the wee hours.  They are spending the night and we may do something Saturday morning, but I plan to be back home by 3.  Dave Hart may stop by after that.  Any of you are welcome to join us Friday evening and Saturday.  Should be a good time.  I will have a lot of the stuff cleaned and sorted by then.

IP Logged

Laurie Adams
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jan 10th, 2013 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
There is some chance of rain Friday evening, so if it is wet, i have set up to have a roaring fire in the fireplace, which I haven't used yet this winter, so don't let the forecast keep you away!  Plenty of room for any of you to crash without having to camp out.

IP Logged

JoeM
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Reply #4 - Jan 11th, 2013 at 8:29am
Print Post  
Hey Laurie, I'll probably be looking for a dry place to hang
my hat this evening. Thanks for the invite!
Hope to see you tonight.
Joe

IP Logged

Laurie Adams
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jan 11th, 2013 at 9:08am
Print Post  
Great Joe!  I hope Scott can come too.  Poor Mark needs a psychological boost since his car died, so bring him along if you can, plus he has all my digging tools in his car!  See you this evening.

IP Logged

Raleigh Rockhound

www.RockHoundLounge.
com

Reply #6 - Jan 11th, 2013 at 11:33am
Print Post  
Pretty sure I'm coming along too, and my spirits were lifted today; my geology lab partner is a cute blonde, majoring in environmental geology so I am in a good mood  Wink. I'm about to head to sleep though, only got about two hours in last night.

« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2013 at 2:00pm by Raleigh Rockhound »  

IP Logged

Raleigh Rockhound

www.RockHoundLounge.
com

Reply #7 - Jan 11th, 2013 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
Actually guys don't think I'm gonna make it, school whooped my butt this week and I'm exhausted.  Hopefully i'll be back in my groove soon, have a good time yall.

IP Logged

Laurie Adams
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jan 16th, 2013 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
After selling 12 specimens of the Caswell amethyst, a buyer has taken all the remaining pieces from the locality, approx. 700 in number.  He/She wishes to remain anonymous at this time, but maybe look for some pieces at Grassy Creek?  In the meantime there are still some incredible bargains to be had, I'm blowing this stuff out real fast and real cheap. Some fine stuff still available.  Thanks for the interest shown by many of you!  Let's go diggin'

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint