Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Fun (Read 584 times)
Dusty travels

RockHoundLounger

Fun
Mar 29th, 2013 at 11:08am
Print Post  
Well I went back to gem mountain to take my little cousin she had such a great time I've never seen her so happy to pick through a bunch of gravel lol , tell the neighbors to look out their drive ways may be under attack lol...

Any way my self I was happy I got an emerald crystal , not the best quality but it was in crystal shape so I was happy none the less and even got a tessin habit quartz in my bucket although its clear with a few inclusions and chips I'm just happy I finally have some crystals ... I'm fascinated by there shape

Being that I've been so frustrated with my lack of luck in the local area feild outings I've made .... 0 for 15+ I broke down and bought a smokey from the shop just so I could have one.
      Now this doesn't stop my urge to find one out in the field just eased my frustrations and temporarily scratched that itch for me...
Going to try to make it to the Burgin trip cause I just want to pull one of these bad boys right out the dirt for myself it is like a must do thing , plus is love to meet some of those in here who have been encouraging me ... It's been much needed and appreciated  Smiley

image_012.jpg ( 9 KB | 55 Downloads )
image_012.jpg

IP Logged

Dusty travels

RockHoundLounger

Re: Fun
Reply #1 - Mar 29th, 2013 at 11:08am
Print Post  
My smokey

image_013.jpg ( 132 KB | 55 Downloads )
image_013.jpg

IP Logged

Rebecca
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Reply #2 - Mar 29th, 2013 at 11:55am
Print Post  
Nice crystals. Thanks for showing.

IP Logged

lizziebird

RockHoundLounger

Reply #3 - Mar 29th, 2013 at 5:46pm
Print Post  
Pretty Smiley

Glad you had fun, too, that's the most important thing.  My family's first rock hunting field trip in NC was a nice easy one - we went to Emerald Hollow mine in Hiddenite and had a blast.  We got there first thing in the morning, and it was obvious that they had freshly "salted" the creek, there was bizarre bits and pieces of pretty exotic colorful rocks all over the place, and we had a blast picking it all up. 

Now, several years later, my kids think that a family vacation involves camping at a rock mine and spending the day digging in the dirt.  The things we do for fun.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint