Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Open House -January 11th (Read 1245 times)
Laurie Adams
Ex Member

Open House -January 11th
Dec 7th, 2013 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
The Greensboro Gem and Mineral Club has elected to have the January field trip to my rockshop in Denton, NC. on Saturday, January 11th.  I am inviting any rockhounds from this site or others to come and join in the fun. I know this is an early announcement, I'll post an update closer to the date of the event.  Folks can come any time after 9 AM.  I will get the heat going in the shop the night before, and have a campfire outside all day, maybe have the grill going with a small cookout if anyone is interested.  i will have multiple door prizes, free grab bags for kids, plus the free kids pile outside.  I will have my finds from this years digging season available, and I have invited other hounds from the area to come as well.  Mineral Id and fluorescent lamp available.  Tell folks to bring items to trade, or for sale as well.  I have plenty of tables to set up outside if the weather is good and anyone can put out items to sell or trade.  I think it will be a good time!.  (See the cool video Scott made of my shop under the "VIDEOS" section).

IP Logged

John Frazier

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Re: Open House -January 11th
Reply #1 - Dec 8th, 2013 at 7:56am
Print Post  
Have never been before. So will need some directions. Going to put that on my calendar.  John Smiley Cheesy

IP Logged

Laurie Adams
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 8th, 2013 at 10:05am
Print Post  
John, just click the link provided above at the bottom of my post, it will take you to the homepage of my website, where you will find detailed directions.  Look forward to having you come down!

IP Logged

becky
YaBB Newbies

www.RockHoundLounge.
com

Reply #3 - Dec 8th, 2013 at 11:33am
Print Post  
sounds fun!  May just have to venture over that way...

IP Logged

JoeM
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Reply #4 - Dec 8th, 2013 at 11:01pm
Print Post  
Sounds great, Laurie! Looking forward to it! Smiley
John, and Becky, it would be good to see you both! Shocked

IP Logged

becky
YaBB Newbies

www.RockHoundLounge.
com

Reply #5 - Jan 6th, 2014 at 11:14pm
Print Post  
so what's the word?  Is this still happening?  Not sure if i'd make it or not but it is tempting.

IP Logged

Laurie Adams
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 7:18am
Print Post  
It is definitely still happening!  It looks like the weather will warm up to the 50's for Saturday, so it won't be too cold.  I've had good responses and turnout should be pretty good.  Some that have said they are coming are Kenny Gay, Mike McDuffie, Turkeychef Adam, and several others in addition to the Greensboro club members.  Please bring stuff to sell and trade!

IP Logged

Tim4d
God Member

I like creeks & rivers
to do the digging for
me.

Reply #7 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
Laurie - Sounds like fun,  but Rebecca and I send our regrets.  But with kinfolk in Raleigh, we are bound to be in your general area again soon and hope to come out and see your place.  Cheers. -- Tim

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint