Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Moonstone Creek and Mica Mines (Read 5075 times)
Tim4d
God Member

I like creeks & rivers
to do the digging for
me.

Re: Moonstone Creek and Mica Mines
Reply #30 - Feb 10th, 2015 at 11:34pm
Print Post  
Yeah, I'm being vague on purpose. The landowners are nice folks but they want to keep it low key. This trip was a 12-year follow up to a dad and lad trip (my original trip to this spot) that timing and relationships made possible, or else I would have reached out to VA RHL members to tag along. I will say that it's easier than ever to identify this spot with a little research. Way back when I haunted university libraries, local library history archives, book stores and mineral shops and such to find localities, then knocked on doors cold to meet landowners. These days everything is on the internet, and many counties (of all states apparently) have on line interactive maps that make landowner ID a snap. I have names and addresses of a number of landowners in VA and NC that I need to write letters introducing myself. Less tension than a cold call knock on the door, but hey, if American Pickers can "freestyle" so can we!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint