Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Old rock collector....newbie rockhound. (Read 975 times)
NealLord
YaBB Newbies

RockHoundLounger

Old rock collector....newbie rockhound.
May 20th, 2016 at 10:33am
Print Post  
Hi folks,
I have been a "rock collector" all my life. Picking up things here and there. Now that I have kids they have followed in my footsteps. We have visited "garnet hill" and that got me interested again. Living here in Wake county NC I thought that all the good finds were over in the western part of the state. Looking through Scott L. and others posts on the Wake board...I am astounded. WOW.

I am a total newbie and would love some mentoring on prospecting in general. So for you Wake county folks, if you need a prospecting partner, and don't mind a newbie tagging along, PM me...

IP Logged

Scott LaBorde
RHL Administrator

"Rock it" science!

Re: Old rock collector....newbie rockhound.
Reply #1 - May 20th, 2016 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
Welcome to the RHL NealLord! Great to see you passing on and sharing this awesome hobby with your kids. There are definitely spectacular things and probably better things to be found the closer you get to the mountains, but Wake County has the advantage at least for now of being a fast growing place and thus construction is non-stop.  Obviously all this construction is the source of many of my finds.

Check out the upcoming trip to the Burgin mine I posted in the General section:  http://rockhoundlounge.com/cgi-bin/yabb252/YaBB.pl?num=1461870649.  If you want to network with some rockhounds, receive some great tips, and places to hunt come on out and say hi.

Scott LaBorde
RockHoundLounge Creator
IP Logged

NealLord
YaBB Newbies

RockHoundLounger

Re: Old rock collector....newbie rockhound.
Reply #2 - May 21st, 2016 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
Scott,
Sounds good. I have it on my calendar.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint