Normal Topic hi ya'll (Read 769 times)
qtigress
YaBB Newbies

RockHoundLounger

hi ya'll
May 27th, 2016 at 12:29am
Print Post  
Hello All,
40 y/o current Navy nurse, former Marine stationed back in Jacksonville NC for about a year now. I was a member of the Tidewater Gem and Mineral Society until work and life got in the way. Just got back from a vacation in Arkansas, brought back some pretty quartz and that has really kicked up the itch to find more. Would love to meet more rockhounds, and maybe tag along on some trips. I have a cab machine and a 8 inch saw.

me_at_quartz_mine.jpg ( 156 KB | 104 Downloads )
me_at_quartz_mine.jpg

IP Logged

Scott LaBorde
RHL Administrator

"Rock it" science!

Re: hi ya'll
Reply #1 - May 27th, 2016 at 7:35am
Print Post  
Welcome to the RHL qtigress. Arkansas, has been on my rockhound bucket list for a long time. I'll do it eventually. It's good to see you're into lapidary work as well. Take a look at the Burgin Mine trip we have scheduled for June 4th (posted in the General section).  It may be a longer drive for you coming from Virginia, but it would be a chance to hang out with some great rockhounds and find some neat crystals. I hope to eventually see some of your lapidary work soon too.   Wink

Scott

Scott LaBorde
RockHoundLounge Creator
IP Logged

qtigress
YaBB Newbies

RockHoundLounger

Re: hi ya'll
Reply #2 - May 27th, 2016 at 11:03am
Print Post  
Scott LaBorde wrote on May 27th, 2016 at 7:35am:
Welcome to the RHL qtigress. Arkansas, has been on my rockhound bucket list for a long time. I'll do it eventually. It's good to see you're into lapidary work as well. Take a look at the Burgin Mine trip we have scheduled for June 4th (posted in the General section).  It may be a longer drive for you coming from Virginia, but it would be a chance to hang out with some great rockhounds and find some neat crystals. I hope to eventually see some of your lapidary work soon too.   Wink

Scott

Thanks I was looking at that. Actually I currently live in the Camp Lejeune area, I travel back and forth to Chesapeake VA to see my family on some weekends.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint