Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Any good places to go GEODE hunting in Indiana? (Read 4288 times)
MrsBrooks
YaBB Newbies

RockHoundLounger

Any good places to go GEODE hunting in Indiana?
Mar 22nd, 2018 at 10:50am
Print Post  
I have two daughters 9 and 12 who are taking rocks, fossils, minerals for their 4-H project this year and I am finding out where we live we have nothing but fossils Sad . Both girls are dying to go geode hunting, and they want to find pretty rocks lol. So far I have been doing a ton of research trying to find a killer place to take them to look for geodes, and other materials. My oldest daughter wants an Amethyst so bad because her birthday is in February lol... ( no in my budget), my little one LOVE the color BLUE so she has been talking non stop of wanting something blue. Please if anyone knows where my girls can look for geodes within 3 hours of Preble County OHIO ( we are 15. min. from Richmond IN.  I want to see the joy in my girls faces when they find stuff on their own.
P.S.
The have Fossils like horns, I know they both have been trying to find Trilobites and other exciting fossils that are very hard to find . I know they want Florite, Quarts, calcite, and anything colorful lol.  Grin

20170606_142234.jpg ( 5157 KB | 125 Downloads )
20170606_142234.jpg

IP Logged

JoeM
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Re: Any good places to go GEODE hunting in Indiana?
Reply #1 - Mar 22nd, 2018 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
What about Lake Monroe?
You've probably seen this YouTube video, but here's a link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EcY0PxrnTU

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint