Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Hi from OH (Read 730 times)
Turtlesnake10
YaBB Newbies

RockHoundLounger

Hi from OH
May 1st, 2018 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
Hi i'm from Ohio! I'm very new to this and don't really know much about it. I had an old rock collection that was in my closet and while cleaning my closet I spotted this and got inspired. I'm very bad identifying rocks. I have an adorable dog named Fitz that I love.

IP Logged

Scott LaBorde
RHL Administrator

"Rock it" science!

Re: Hi from OH
Reply #1 - May 2nd, 2018 at 8:08am
Print Post  
Welcome to the RHL Turtlesnake.  I'm glad you found your way to the lounge.  Post up a few pictures of some of your collection and we'll be happy to try our best at identification -- don't forget to include Fitz too.   Grin

Scott LaBorde
RockHoundLounge Creator
IP Logged

Ryan T.
YaBB Newbies

Re: Hi from OH
Reply #2 - May 2nd, 2018 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
A fellow Ohioan Smiley There are several valuable tools for identification. This place is one of them, along with gemdat and mindat. However, I don't like taking my tablet out in the field with me, so another cheap tool you might consider investing in is Gemstones of the World by Walter Schumann. That, for me, is my Crystal Bible, without all the voodoo hokum that Judy Hall spews out. My last thought of the day: if you're close enough, I highly recommend checking out  V Rock; coolest mineral store I've visited in Ohio.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint