Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Hello from the Eastern Sierra! (Read 679 times)
WilL S
YaBB Newbies

RockHoundLounger

Hello from the Eastern Sierra!
Jun 15th, 2019 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
Bit late at the introduction but greetings all! I live in California’s Eastern Sierra in a town called Bishop. A friend of mine started going out and coming back with really cool looking Quartz crystals found not too far out of town in the inyo mountain range, so I decided to also give it a try. I’m no geologist but I enjoy learning more about what I’m looking at so I sometimes share my finds in the hopes of becoming more informed. Thanks for having me!

IP Logged

Scott LaBorde
RHL Administrator

"Rock it" science!

Re: Hello from the Eastern Sierra!
Reply #1 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 10:08pm
Print Post  
Welcome Will S.  Well you've already got a great head start in learning, as going out into the Inyo Mountains and collecting yourself is the best way to learn. All the subtle signs for what to look at and follow in order to find the pockets is all learned in the field. Of course learning about the geological activity that created the crystals in the first place will also help a lot. I hope you share some pictures of some of your finds from the Inyo Mnts. soon.  Wink .

Scott

Scott LaBorde
RockHoundLounge Creator
IP Logged

Tim4d
God Member

I like creeks & rivers
to do the digging for
me.

Re: Hello from the Eastern Sierra!
Reply #2 - Jul 2nd, 2019 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
Welcome to the Lounge! Scott is right about  the field being your best teacher. For book learning, I highly recommend John Sinkankas’ prospecting guides.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint