Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Fun hounding story... (Read 3080 times)
Eric He

RockHoundLounger

Fun hounding story...
Oct 22nd, 2019 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
So I met this local YouTuber who posts a lot of videos on this location. Found a hole and plopped myself down, it was a huge hole with some bedrock exposed. Just a few taps of a hammer later, my chisel sunk into the rock - I was into a vug! I excitedly hammered open the small opening, but was quite disappointed that the nearly 3-foot vug was completely empty and devoid of crystals. Reaching inside, I only felt cold rock on all sides, with a milky quartz vein cutting through. After a long day, I decided to pack up.

Little did I know, the vug's contents had long spilled down into a pocket system below that later yielded hundreds of amethyst heads, cleaned out by people the very next day.
Now the pocket system is so large you can crawl all the way into it! It goes back around 7-10 feet. The YouTuber did do a video on the opening and extraction of the vug... I'll pull it up later.

IP Logged

Eric He

RockHoundLounger

Re: Fun hounding story...
Reply #1 - Oct 22nd, 2019 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2019 at 8:04am by Scott LaBorde »  
IP Logged

Rebecca
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Re: Fun hounding story...
Reply #2 - Oct 23rd, 2019 at 9:06am
Print Post  
You have a good attitude about it. I don't love it when that happens, and it has happened to me a few times too. I just chalk it up to being part of digging. Sometimes you find, sometimes you don't and you get what you work for.
Thanks for sharing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint