Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Lance Hall from Fort Worth, Texas. (Read 121 times)
LanceHall
YaBB Newbies

RockHoundLounger

Lance Hall from Fort Worth, Texas.
Apr 19th, 2023 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
Hello all.

I've been an avid fossil hunter since 2004.  I have long running website called NorthTexasFossils where I document things I have found.

In north Texas we can find great calcite crystal filled "septarian nodules" and pyritic stuff but igneous/metamorphic rocks are not in our surface geology locally.  I'll probably post some of the nicer nodules when I get time.

Recently I've become more interested in minerals and mineral chemistry and formation of minerals.  I bought a bunch of small mineral samples from the estate of another fossil hunter. 

Lance

IP Logged

IDLassie

RockHoundLounger

Re: Lance Hall from Fort Worth, Texas.
Reply #1 - Apr 19th, 2023 at 11:14pm
Print Post  
Welcome LanceHall,
Will enjoy seeing your pictures.

I know enough about rocks to always be in trouble and never get it right. Well almost. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

JoeM keeps me on the straight and narrow. He knows his rocks and then some. He'll be along.

IP Logged

Scott LaBorde
RHL Administrator

"Rock it" science!

Reply #2 - Apr 20th, 2023 at 8:26am
Print Post  
Welcome Lance! I took a peek at your website -- your careful documentation and organization there is impressive. Glad to see you're interested in crossing over into the world of minerals. There's a lot to learn, but since you're already comfortable getting dirty with digging, finding rocks is the next logical step  Grin. Welcome to the RHL Lance.

Scott LaBorde
RockHoundLounge Creator
IP Logged

JoeM
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Reply #3 - Apr 20th, 2023 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
Yes, Welcome Lance. Thank you for the link to your site. I'm sure it will be helpful for research. I want to read about the Austin Chalk formation you mentioned from Ellis County. Thanks for the help!
Keep us posted and good hunting down there!   Smiley
Joe

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint