Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic New From Alamance County (Read 134 times)
Alina Rocks
YaBB Newbies

RockHoundLounger

New From Alamance County
Jul 26th, 2023 at 10:17am
Print Post  
I'm a longtime collector of 'forest treasures'. I always end with my hands full of rocks, flowers, leaves, bones, etc, on walks.

I've just recently gotten into geology and mineral identification and stumbled upon this while looking for info on my local area.

I've got a trip planned to Mammoth Cave in early August and we're going to stop at the Lake Cumberland area on the way back and hopefully pick up some neat rocks, I've heard there are geodes-a-plenty. Day-to-day I stick to the Piedmont area.

I have a 'Rock Collection' but I doubt any of them are interesting enough for pics here, I just like them Grin

I'm looking forward to combing through the forum and seeing what you guys have found, don't be surprised if I comment on some old threads lol

IP Logged

Scott LaBorde
RHL Administrator

"Rock it" science!

Re: New From Alamance County
Reply #1 - Jul 26th, 2023 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
Welcome Alina.  I like that you collect 'forest treasure'. It reminds me that beauty is everywhere. Glad you found the RHL. Hope to see pictures of Mammoth Cave here in August.  Wink

Scott LaBorde
RockHoundLounge Creator
IP Logged

JoeM
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Re: New From Alamance County
Reply #2 - Jul 26th, 2023 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
Welcome to the Board, Alina. Thanks for the introduction! Smiley

Yes, have a safe and enjoyable trip! There are a lot of geodes to be found out there. What fun!
And by all means, blow some of the dust off some of these old posts!
Sounds like you could use a 'rucksack' or 'knapsack' for your walks. You can call it a 'rocksack'. Bring home twice as much treasure and still have your hands free!
Happy Hunting! Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint