Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic New Member (Read 128 times)
RickB

Dec 20th, 2023 at 9:25am
Print Post  
Hi, I'm RickB from Columbia SC. I am a new member to the board but have been following it since Scott first started it. I've been on digs with Scott LaBorde and Joe Moylan and probably a few others here through the years but have not done much digging lately due to age and physical limitations. I've always been interested in Native American artifacts and for many years, flint knapping, which I still continue to do. Look for me do some posting in the artifact section of the board. Rock On - RickB

IP Logged

Scott LaBorde
RHL Administrator

"Rock it" science!

Re: New Member
Reply #1 - Dec 20th, 2023 at 11:17am
Print Post  
Welcome to the RHL RickB! Good to see you on the forum.  Hope to see some of your latest flint knapping work soon.  I know it has always been exceptional.

Scott LaBorde
RockHoundLounge Creator
IP Logged

JoeM
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Re: New Member
Reply #2 - Dec 20th, 2023 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
Hey RickB! Merry Christmas! Welcome to the Board where folks love to get rocks in their stockings so we're bad as we can be all year! Cheesy
I'm sure you're still knapping, and probably getting pretty good.  Roll Eyes
There's a member on the Board, rob23, that's been hunting the chert in Girard the last year or so. Not for knapping material like we were, but taking a good look at the fossils and minerals found in some of the vuggy areas. Something I never took the time to do and it's been very enjoyable and interesting seeing what he's finding. That's some very cool chert rock down there.
Good to hear from you! We'll talk more later,
Joe

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint