Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Greetings and shiny things! (Read 561 times)
Breathe Akasha
YaBB Newbies

RockHoundLounger

Greetings and shiny things!
Dec 26th, 2013 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
Hello! I currently reside in the state of Washington and I run a small jewelry business out of my apartment to help cover costs of living while I recover from breast cancer. I've always loved rocks but now that I am using them in my creations I am much more interested in what they are, where they come from and even some of their history and lore. For example: I LOVE knowing that while the finest lapis lazuli comes from Afghanistan, it is also Chille's National stone! It was also used as pigment in paintings of the renaissance! Neat, huh?  Wink

IP Logged

Scott LaBorde
RHL Administrator

"Rock it" science!

Re: Greetings and shiny things!
Reply #1 - Dec 27th, 2013 at 8:52am
Print Post  
Very neat, and welcome to the RHL Akasha.  Yes, the more you learn about rocks, how they were formed, the history behind them, and where they are found, the more awesome they become.  Not only do they have intrinsic beauty, but they have a great depth of personality.  I think those that care nothing about rocks and minerals are just unaware of this depth and only see them as natures trash.  My respect and admiration of rocks grew exponentially after a couple geology courses in college.

Scott LaBorde
RockHoundLounge Creator
IP Logged

JoeM
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Re: Greetings and shiny things!
Reply #2 - Dec 27th, 2013 at 9:52am
Print Post  
Welcome to the Board, Breathe! Thanks for introducing yourself! Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1