Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Greetings From Big Bear, California (Read 500 times)
Aufinder777
YaBB Newbies

RockHoundLounger

Greetings From Big Bear, California
Jul 19th, 2019 at 3:33am
Print Post  
Just a 53 year old guy that is obsessed with gold, all forms and isotopes very interested in Tellurides and Calaverite. and Krennerite (telluride gold that is 35 percent gold by weight. but hardly visible at all usually) I am allways trying to learn more I have made myself homeless a few times by just going to the motherload area of California (Placerville and Coloma and lasting as long as I can on really nothing and then going somewhere else to try to live like normal people but I would rather live my dream of the thrill of hitting that big pay streak lol.....
At the moment I have been dealing with highly ridiculousely high radioactive gold ore that I am probably gonna give up on even though seems there is big gold in them telluride gold but I had known nothing of radioactive ore till i moved here three months ago and finally got a geiger counter and to learn this ore specimens are emitting 40k to 50k kcpms or 50 milli sieverts  sorry spelling so thats in one minute and I have been messing with this stuff for a month ....hopefully I be here to post next month ....ignorant mistake of not knowing my ore might do me in but i pray not ..
well theres my long winded short version story lol

thanks for reading this and thanks for letting me in your forum hopefully I can be a good contributer

Jessie Wink

IP Logged

Scott LaBorde
RHL Administrator

"Rock it" science!

Re: Greetings From Big Bear, California
Reply #1 - Jul 19th, 2019 at 7:52am
Print Post  
Wow, radioactive gold!  That's the first I've heard of it.  Thanks for educating us about this.  50 millisieverts!  Shocked  I was just reading this article about the dosages and came to this section that put things in perspective: 

"One sievert, the unit measurement for a dose of radiation, will cause illness if absorbed all at once, and 8 sieverts will result in death, even with treatment. According to the chart, the average person safely absorbs about 3.65 millisieverts (or 0.00365 sieverts) of radiation annually, through simple activities like living in a brick or concrete building (70 microsieverts a year) or sleeping next to another person (0.05 microsieverts)."

Anyway, welcome to the forum.  Hope to see some of your adventures on the board sometime.

Scott LaBorde
RockHoundLounge Creator
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint