Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Woodbury TN (middle TN) geodes (Read 5408 times)
BerylliumWilliam
YaBB Newbies

RockHoundLounger

Woodbury TN (middle TN) geodes
Apr 1st, 2020 at 11:50am
Print Post  
I spoke with a nice couple at the Ray mine the other day who told me there are a lot of geodes in Woodbury TN. I’ve looked online for where to find them, but can’t find anything. Does anyone know where or how I can find some of these geodes?
If anyone has been there and found some geodes, feel free to post some pics!

IP Logged

Laurie Adams

RockHoundLounger

Re: Woodbury TN (middle TN) geodes
Reply #1 - Apr 2nd, 2020 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
Here is one of many articles about the Woodbury/McMinville geodes.  A google search will bring up several others.  I collected there a long time ago, but I understand they are still bering found.https://www.tullahomanews.com/news/local/whopper-geode-found-in-nearby-woodbury/...  While none give an exact GPS location, they provide enough info to pin some localities down to a searchable area, and provide names of locals to contact for further info.  Good luck!

IP Logged

CBDuke

RockHoundLounger

Re: Woodbury TN (middle TN) geodes
Reply #2 - Apr 4th, 2020 at 11:37pm
Print Post  
Read in Lapidary Journal years ago about geodesin Tennessee the article said in passing that Tennessee highway  dept. was having to clear culverts of geodes that were clogging up the drains. They said the geodes were 16 inches in diameter with a fair number being crystal lined , I believe that article was in the 1970's.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint