Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Howdy from Augusta GA (Read 155 times)
rob23

RockHoundLounger

Howdy from Augusta GA
Jun 13th, 2023 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
Greetings one and all. I'm back into rockhounding after a multi decade break, and I think I've gone a bit crazy. Four tumblers tumbling, a tile saw used for rocks, a UV light, and a new used camera on my telescope tripod. I sneak off to Diamond Hill or down to Girard and have the next Graves Mountain open house on the calendar. I've even picked up rocks from the parking lot at work and along a stretch of railroad track. Just don't tell my wife about most of this-

IP Logged

Scott LaBorde
RHL Administrator

"Rock it" science!

Re: Howdy from Augusta GA
Reply #1 - Jun 13th, 2023 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
Awesome! Welcome to the RHL rob23. Yep, all the classic signs of catching the bug. No worries, it only gets more expensive from here! Grin No need to feel guilty about having one of the best hobbies there isĀ  Wink. Looking forward to meeting you sometime since you dig the SouthEast.

Scott LaBorde
RockHoundLounge Creator
IP Logged

rob23

RockHoundLounger

Reply #2 - Jun 14th, 2023 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
Thanks, Scott. Definitely post if you're going to anyplace like Graves, Diamond Hill, or wherever. I'd love to collect with an experienced rockhound-

IP Logged

JoeM
God Member

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Reply #3 - Jun 14th, 2023 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
Yes, Welcome Rob23, Great to hear you're getting back out in the field!
We'd love a few fieldtrip reports from Graves and Diamond Hill. No idea what DH is looking like these days. And have fun with the tumbling. Remember, patience comes with time.  Cheesy
I guess you'll have to start digging holes in your yard to hide your finds, but don't worry, your secret is safe with us.  Rob-who? Huh

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint